Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Second Day + Tanpons~

Okay so today, was my second day back from internship. It's okay but it hurts my feet so bad from all the standing and walking so while I type this my feet is actually on the wall it works, I actually consider myself lucky since I'm only busy in the morning. Morning rush should I say? But then afterwards it starts to calm down. I did one of the most embarrassing things ever today though.

I was supposed to give this patient some medication, which was in this injection like container. I took off the cap and I didn't know that it had another cap on that I was supposed to pull. So I went to the patient with a smiley face. He knew what it was for since he's dependent on it, but I did tell him again just routine. So I injected the medication at the belly, and some of the meds went out...

He was looking at me with the "What the hell are you doing?!" because he cannot speak. And I knew immediately something was wrong because he kept checking his stomach looking for where the needle went in. Which of course I didn't see and I thought you won't see it. So since he looked at me incredulously I decided to check with the nurse.

Alas, I found out it had another cap and I just wasted the medication that didn't go to the patient but spilled out of the cap due to my pushing... Ugh I felt the heat climb up from my neck to my cheeks... I was soo embarassed. But my teacher was graciously enough to tell me that it's ok. Gawd~ I am officially an Idiot!

Anyways, I was reading through Popteen. I like Popteen since the colors are really flashy and playful. I used to go for that kind of style fun, playful and cute (childlike cute) but with my childlike face I just looked even more less my age and even look more younger. Since the people who would work at the cinema or buses would give me child fair tickets. Thinking I was around 12...

But I do occasionally take some inspirations from Popteen specially their dress and skirt coordination are really good and unique. But today while I was reading through it, I saw a topic that really I guess not surprise me but more of thought "Why..."

My First Tampon Q&A

Popteen is teaching you about how to put the Tampon in and what not. There are some question and answer portions as well like "I want to take it out but I don't know how" or "It's painful" etc. I thought at first, I got these lesson from school in our home economics with just the girls in one class at my junior high days. Don't they teach it in school? Why publish it in a magazine? A Fashion magazine nonetheless. But I guess some readers would benefit from it anyway so I'd give popteen a thumbs up for being helpful enough and strong willed to teach the ladies about it.

But then when I read further on, I found out why they used a whole page on a tampon... They were actually advertising the brand! (>.<) really clever I should say! Got the industries these days are getting even more better and trickier!

By the way I just noticed guys that you're not able to download the scans, I'm going to try and disable the no right clicking so that you can download the scans that I post in a bigger version.
(^_^)

No comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com